Wow, it’s the end of our first day, and what a day it’s been. We’ve heard from 32 speakers from across our community and the wider industry. We’ve been challenged, educated, and inspired. So, what have we learned today in Lessons For The Future from our keynotes:
1. A Lifetime of Innovation by Dame Stephanie Shirley CH, IT Entrepreneur & Philanthropist
A remarkable lady, who shared great knowledge from the past and inspiration and hope for the future.
- Your team of people is everything – it’s always about the team. Remember organisations are people and it’s their drive that brings it to life.
- Innovation must be strategic, it has to be embedded into an organisation if you are to energise your organisation and bring ideas to fruition.
- Change will never be as slow again – just when you think you know something look at in a different way. Don’t be complacent.
2. It Starts On TikTok by Trevor Johnson, Head of Marketing, Global Business Solutions EU, TikTok
An engaging interview with Trevor and Sonoo Singh, Co-founder and editor of Creative Salon which covered many topics, from managing exponential growth to bringing communities together and what’s next for TikTok.
- A time for expression: TikTok’s has over 100m users now – this huge growth in the main has been down to the platform bringing communities together. Creating a space for consumers & brands to come together to have fun, tell stories and express themselves.
- Don’t do Ads do TikTok’s. More and more brands are seeing the benefits of using the platform to create stories to reach their audience.
- Agility, authenticity & humanity are key to TikTok’s success as we move into 2021. Look out for new streams of content geared to education, shopping, sport, finance and more…
3. The New Normal by Benedict Evans, Independent Analyst & Venture Partner at Mosaic Ventures
The Data God Benedict Evans blew our minds with his deep dive into the stats behind ‘The New Normal’. A very bright mind. You have to see his presentation to understand the level of knowledge he has. This will be available on our content hub soon.
4. Social Media Engineered: How NASA bring space to everyone by Rebecca Roth, Social Media Specialist & Imaging Coordinator, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Rebecca Roth shared some of the ways in which scientists, photographers and animators are collaborating to produce new images & visualizations of the Earth, the sun, our solar system, and the universe. Sharing some very cool images which are now being bought to the masses by social media platforms.
- How social media is enabling NASA to achieve its strategic objective of inspiration and education by delivering authentic content to our younger generation.
- Any image that is posted allows the public to not only see a great image but it delivers a story, it educates and inspires.
- Authenticity and humanity are key for 2021
We also delivered a number of masterclasses, practical led sessions to help us with our day to day life.
Diverse Hiring Strategies for the new world by:
Ross Taylor, Founder, Hidden, Sarah Baumann, MD, VaynerMedia, Becky McOwen-Banks, ECD, VaynerMedia
#SAVETHENIGHT– How to build a purpose-driven moment by:
Tim Jerg, Head of Global Brand Management, Mast-Jägermeister; Kim Lawrie, Head of Creative Technology, ENGINE; Allan Blair, Head of Strategy, ENGINE
The New Shape of Storytelling by :
Timur Bekmambetov, Film Producer, Joann Kushner, Director of Operations, Screenlife UK, Nicolas Connor, Emerging Writer / Director
And Roundtables including:
The Climate Crisis and Digital: Our role as companies and creators by:
BIMA’s Sustainability Council
Futureproofing the tech ecosystem for an uncertain future:
In partnership with MACH Alliance
Resilient digital experience in disruptive times:
In partnership with Acquia
Tomorrow we have another full agenda – download here. You can still register here.
All sessions have been recorded and will be available online shortly.