Search for members, events, articles and more
Putting strategy at the core of your agency offering
In an industry that is constantly changing, pressure on digital agencies is arguably greater than ever before…
Providing a truly differentiated digital service offering is increasingly difficult in a saturated and commoditised marketplace,
Clients, in significant numbers, are taking user experience, design and build in-house,
The large consultancies continue to enhance their digital capabilities and build market share at the expense of full service & specialist digital agencies,
Commercial pressures are intense as buyers continue to look for cost efficiencies and resist retained service models,
But what can be done about it?
Come along and hear from Rick Curtis, Partner, TH_NK, who will share his thoughts on how putting strategy at the heart of an agency’s value proposition and building and maintaining a strategic relationship with clients is more vital than ever before
Rick Curtis, Partner, TH_NK
Rick recently joined TH_NK as Partner to set and lead the next generation of the agency’s development, working alongside Natalie Gross and Tarek Nseir.
He has spent the past 20 years leading strategy and teams for global businesses across the retail, automotive and technology sectors. His core skillset spans brand, strategy and marketing.
Career highlights include:
• Eight years as Chief Strategy Officer at Amaze, a full service digital agency
• Responsible for Lexus and Toyota Europe’s digital strategies over a period of twelve years, leading a team of 45. Remit encompassed a complete re-imagination of the customer journey across all consumer touchpoints, including web, mobile, social, data, dealerships and emerging technologies. Rick led the team in the creation of one of the world’s first VR experiences to promote the launch of the Lexus NX.
• Working with sports manufacturer Asics as the strategic lead, where he was responsible for leading a team of 25, taking the business from a B2B to direct to consumer model, including business case development, retailer strategy, digital business proposition and brand strategy
• Conceived and led a longitudinal study into the socio-cultural impact of technology amongst teens and young adults
• Regular advisor to Samsonite on the impact of emerging technologies, running annual global leadership summits to create and test future business scenarios
• Has led digital strategy projects for Unilever, Dyson, Coca Cola and Coats PLC.
Rick is a regular speaker and commentator on digital transformation and emerging technologies.
He’s passionate about Belgian techno and loves a round of golf.
Tue, 07 Nov 2017
19:00 - 22:30
Hope Street Hotel,
Hope Street Hotel 40 Hope Street Liverpool L1 9DA