Join Cyber-Duck and a panel of disabled UX and accessibility experts for our Accessibility Roundtable Webinar, Learning From Lived Experience – Overcoming Barriers to Digital Inclusion, Thursday 19th May 4pm BST.
Web Accessibility Content Guidelines and policies like the American Disability Act and forthcoming European Accessibility Act help businesses design digital products with inclusion and accessibility in mind.
But how do we go beyond mere compliance to achieve good universal design and usability?
Hosted by Matt Gibson (Chief Production Officer at Cyber-Duck), our panel of UX, accessibility and inclusion experts:
- Yahye Siyad – Diversity and Accessibility Lead at Cyber-Duck
- Siobhan Daley – Visual and UI Designer at Cyber-Duck
- Sandi Wassmer – Chief Executive Officer at Employers Network for Equality & Inclusion
- Holly Schroeder – UX Researcher and Designer specialising in Healthtech
Will share how their own disability impacts how they interact with digital technologies and solve accessible design challenges. Looking at:
- Experiencing disability in a digital world: Where technology is beneficial for disabled people vs the digital barriers that still need fixing
- The user-centred approach to accessibility: Understanding individual user needs based on a spectrum of permanent, temporary and situational disabilities
- What is good usability: The details of good universal design (from colour contrast and internal linking to language, fonts and video content)
- Advocating for universal design: Challenging internal attitudes and assumptions towards accessibility and universal design, and improving your organisations knowledge and skills
- Digital in physical environments: Can digital technologies improve accessibility challenges within physical environments?
Don’t miss out on will be an insightful, inclusive discussion and sign up today.