Join a panel of experts to discuss how vlogging and social trends are shaping the future of digital marketing strategies. Hear from brands and agencies as they share their insight, and discuss their top tips on vlogging and youth engagement.
- Moderator: Tom Ollerton, Marketing Director, We are Social
- James Stafford, European VP, StyleHaul – James will be exploring how, at 10 years old, YouTube has become the primary media choice for under 25’s, and the rich world of social media has not only created new personalities to drive influence, but fundamentally changed the way brands market to millennials. He will also cover some insights into why this is happening, and how brands can find, collaborate with and measure effective social-led marketing campaigns.
- Lindsay Nuttall, Chief Digital Officer, BBH – Lindsay will demonstrate that these days ordinary young people, over PR spin doctors and clever brand managers, are the most effective proponents of your brand. As trust in institutions, authority figures and companies continues to decline amongst this group, it’s the authentic voice of someone like them that they trust to recommend everything from how to put on their make up to how to live their life. She will take us through her early experiences of peer to peer Marketing during the Skins launch of 2007 and a more recent case study leveraging the influence of KSI to help KFC reach and connect with a young urban audience.
- Sara Gordon, Senior Strategist, Rufus Leonard – Sara will discuss how agencies and brands can use research to create social content that is empathic and authentic, because without these two key factors content falls flat for Millennials and Gen Z.Sara will also talk about how brands can use ethnography to create content.
- Cara Parish, Head of Group Marketing and Events, Cult LDN – Cara will talk about the commercialisation of You Tube stars. She will discuss how vloggers are the brand and business in themselves and they are becoming expert marketers.
8:30am arrival for tea, coffee, pastries and networking
9am kick off
The Club at the Ivy, 9 West St, London, WC2H 9NE
BIMA members and staff of member companies are invited to register for free. Get your 100% discount promotional code in the BIMA newsletter or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.