Emerging tech is forcing marketeers to push the envelope. Industry players who ‘dare to drone’ will be discussing how they are embracing emerging tech to stay ahead of the curve. The panel will share their experiences and discuss newly emerging opportunities. Following talks you can get up close and personal with a mini drone and even take it for a spin.
- Andy McCormick, Marketing Director, Essence (Moderator)
- Jonny Tooze, Founder and MD, Lab – Jonny will discuss how Lab are starting to use drones in their marketing offering, the kind of industries they are working with and the problems that they face in the implementation process.
- Paul Watkins, Director, 360Skylens (360Globalnet) – Paul will discuss how the development of UAV’s and the integration of digital camera equipment is allowing photographers and videographers to push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of image making. Shots that just a few years ago were impossible to obtain now are becoming the norm with clients realising the potential of using UAV’s to create their footage.
- Scott Ross, Chief Technology Officer, DigitasLBi – Remote control flying machines are literally generating a buzz around the world of digital, but are they right for you? Scott will discuss the current state of drone technology: how they work, how they are being used, and most importantly what you need to do to avoid running into legal issues.
- Adam Gee, Commissioning Editor, Multiplatform and Online Video, Channel 4 – Adam reflects on how to make a native drone film; the role of Spectacle in short-form video making (and how that relates to emerging tech); and the experience of creating the new ‘Drones in Forbidden Zones’ series for All 4.
- Dr Mirko Kovac, Director of the Aerial Robotics Labatory, Imperial College London – Mirko will discuss the current technical challenges that are faced by the drone industry and how they can be overcome using biological inspiration. Mirko will also outline current research projects on next-generation drone development and how they can revolutionise future cities where aerial robots will live in symbiosis with humans to the benefit of society.
- Amy Kean, Head of Futures, Havas Media
8:30am arrival for tea, coffee, pastries and networking
8:45am kick off
The Club at the Ivy, 9 West St, London, WC2H 9NE
BIMA members and staff of member companies are invited to register for free. Get your 100% discount promotional code in the BIMA newsletter or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.